Share This Article
Dress an hourglass body shape figures can be of any size, including an oversized hourglass body shape, but curves define the form. For example, your shoulders and chest are complete, your waist is thinner, and your hips to round.
Buying the right women’s clothing for your graceful body shape can boost your confidence and show off your figure. If our body shape test gave you an hourglass figure, now’s the time to look at outfits that fit your shape.
Features of the Hourglass Body Shape
The hourglass body shape is lovely and curvy and has some distinctive features. For example, you may have more shapely thighs and rounder sides than some of the other body types.
For the most striking and balanced combinations, your clothes should fit your chest, hips, and waist perfectly. And you may need to wear stretchy clothing for comfort and shape definition.
And one of the most prominent features of the female hourglass figure is your slim waist. That’s why wear pieces accentuating your tiny waist, from bust to waist, and from waist to hips.
Style Tips for the Dress an Hourglass Body Shape
Your body is curvy and proportionate. Many looks are designed just for you. Dress in an hourglass body shape. We recommend following your natural curves and balancing your upper and lower areas while emphasizing your waist on how to wear an hourglass. Here are 3 ideas to get you underway.
1. Balance up and Down
Always create a balance between both halves of your body, as your shoulders and bust are the exact approximate measurements of your hips and hips. You can choose a similar color for your tops, pants, or skirts.
- Pay Attention to Your Waist
Your waist is what defines Dress as an hourglass body shape figure. To show off your natural silhouette, accentuate your midsection by wearing a belt or outfit that draws attention and hugs your curves.
- Keep it Simple
With her stunning figure, she doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles to show off her body. Proper Dress and hourglass body shape clothing does not have too many frills. You look great in solid colors.
What to Wear Dress an Hourglass Body Shape
After reading about the hourglass body and some general tips on how to dress, you can put these concepts into practice. Here are tips and tricks to remember the next time you add something to your wardrobe.
Tops suitable for hourglass body shapes should be worn and structured to show the bust and shoulders. Here are some great options for tops and blouses:
- Coat: A classic wrap top accentuates your curves at your natural waist.
- V-neck: A V-neck top draws attention to the shoulders and bust to accentuate the figure.
- Keyhole: A keyhole top features an open point below the neckline. This fun aspect can look great on your hourglass figure and add extra visual interest without being too fancy.
- Off Shoulders: Show off your gorgeous shoulders and draw attention to your body proportions with a no-shoulder look.
- Sleeveless: Your arms are beautiful, so show them off with a sleeveless or a sleeveless top.
- Fitted: Choose body-fitting shirts that fit your waist thinner.
When buying women’s jeans, the most important thing to consider is to determine your shape and get the right size. The most acceptable jeans for an hourglass figure should poise your body in collaboration with your chosen top.
Keep it modest and let your body do the talking, remembering that your hourglass body shape looks great on just about any jeans style:
- High Waist – Because you want to accentuate your waist, choose high-waisted jeans that accentuate that area instead of low-rise jeans that sit below your hips.
- Skinny: You look great in skinny jeans that show all your curves.
- Flare – Flare jeans accentuate your body shape and add more style to your silhouette.
- Straight Leg: A pair of high-waisted, straight-leg jeans are a classic that flatters your figure.
- Bootcut – Another classic, the bootcut looks excellent, especially when paired with a great pair of boots, as the name suggests.
- Wide Leg: Wide-leg jeans with waist accents can balance the upper and lower halves.
Easy Outfit Ideas for an Hourglass Body Shape
Now let’s put all this into practice. Here are hourglass clothing ideas for every occasion.
Are you hanging out with a friend or just doing errands in town? Choose skinny jeans with a sleeveless top in a bold color. Add a belt and wear a pair of comfortable sneakers to complete the look. If it’s cold, take your leather jacket out of the closet.
For An Event
Okay, maybe you’re not walking the red carpet, but a formal look can help you get through a wedding or gala party. Choose a classic knee-length dress with cold shoulders and hip length in a bold fabric. You can also remove the metallic ones. Instead, wear classic nude pumps to make the Dress the show star.
It can be a shirt dress, tailored overalls, or straight-leg jeans with a T-shirt inside. Dress in an hourglass body shape. A narrow belt will also immediately draw attention and synchronize the excess fabric to accentuate those folds.