Share This Article
Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation – Description
What it Does?
It’s implanted with imaginative fixings that cover with right-on-the-money flawlessness. Improve with Marc Jacobs’ protective brilliant shades enclosed by lecithin. A fixing that is biochemically like skin — for fast, easy mixing and a smooth, delicate matte completion. This foundation has a stand-out spot implement that considers custom inclusion. Shake, dab, and mix for impeccably flat inclusion. It is figuring out without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation | Review and Swatches
So last Friday, I finally got a chance to snag the much-anticipated Marc Jacobs Shameless Youthful-Look 24Hrs Foundation with SPF25. I say much-anticipated because the beauty industry had been buzzing about this release for weeks. Throw the word ‘youthful’ in the description; you certainly have my attention. So now that I’ve fully test-driven this foundation, let’s talk pros, cons, and, more importantly: does it warrant a repurchase? Here’s my review of the Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation.
Marc Jacobs Shameless Youthful – 24Hrs Foundation with SPF25
The shade range is rather extensive, including 29 shades aiming to have every skin tone covered. The foundation is advertised as:
- Clinically tested for 24 hours of long wear
- Breathable and oil-free
- Self-setting finish
- It provides skin with hydration benefits and protection against the complexion-dulling effects of pollution.
- First-to-Market encapsulated SPF25, which means NO flash-back and NO grey undertones. One of the features that immediately attracted me to this foundation.
- Suitable for all skin types
1. Texture and Finish
This foundation has a soft texture that applies well to the skin. The finish is neither matte nor Dewey but looks natural when the foundation is first laid. It is self-setting, which means you don’t necessarily have to use powder to set it. But if you live in a sweltering and humid climate like I do, I recommend using a setting powder like the one mentioned in my Luxury Makeup Worth the Splurge post here.
2. Coverage – Marc Jacobs Foundation
The coverage is light-to-medium. Although it’s advertised as ‘easily buildable’, I struggled to build it up to full range. Adding layers made this foundation look cakey on the face.
3. Packaging – Marc Jacobs Foundation
The packaging is incredibly slick and is another key feature that attracted me to this foundation. It comes in an ultra-thin plastic bottle, making it perfect for traveling or carrying around for touch-ups throughout the day.
4. Best Way to Apply – Marc Jacobs Foundation
I find the best way to apply this foundation is by using a brush. It is a light-coverage foundation; the beauty blender absorbs too much of the product. And the foundation looks too sheer on the skin. I like using my Artist Oval 6, covered in detail here, or my Sephora Pro No. 56 Foundation Brush reviewed here.
Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Youthful – Look 24H Foundation SPF 25 In Medium Y320
- I received this foundation as a PR Sample / for free from Influencer` and Marc Jacobs Beauty.
- The Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Youthful-Look 24H Foundation SPF 25 in Medium Y320. The newest complexion product from Marc Jacobs! It’s supposed to be a self-setting natural finish foundation that gives you a youthful and healthy appearance for 24 hours. It retails for $46 here and contains a 1.08-ounce / 32 mL product.
- This foundation is odd because it looks gorgeous and looks like skin. But I feel it on my face, unlike other skin-like foundations.
- It’s a quick setting foundation, so I would recommend going in sections at a time with maybe a damp sponge. I usually dot and spread the foundation with my fingers. Then blend it with a Beauty Blender. Pony Effect Smooth Dough Puff.
- A brush also works, but my skin is more on the dry side. And I’ve found that using a damp sponge helps the foundation look more seamless. This foundation is also on the heavier side and applying it with a brush leaves a thicker layer. Therefore heavier feel on my face.
- I read a tip a couple of weeks ago to use the Thatch Dewy Skin Mist before applying foundation. Help with the application, and it’s been a game changer, especially with this Marc Jacobs foundation. I want to use it with a brush.
- A product like the Pixi Glow Mist might help you the same way the Tache Dewy Skin Mist does. It’s like using oil with your foundation. But the mist helps keep it lighter and doesn’t break down the foundation as fast. With that dewy base, the foundation glides on better if you struggle with blending.
Although I like a natural finish and don’t mind exposing some hyperpigmentation. I have it on my nose, the finish of this foundation did now wow me. It did nothing to camouflage my oversized pores. Looking in the mirror, I didn’t think it looked like a second skin like my La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation. See photos here. After about 6 hours, the Shameless Foundation began to separate around my T-zone.
Even though I had applied my trust in Elemis Pro-Radiance Primer underneath and had set it powder. I was also surprised to see it cling to a dry patch, accentuating some deeper lines. I have along the sides of my forehead.
Also Read: Makeup Must-Have For Party